Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Part Time Assistant Manager
Who we are:
Culture Athletics is a lifestyle-driven athletic apparel and fitness boutique in the East-end of Toronto.
Founded on the principle that physical culture is a uniting force between individuals, we believe that you don't need to compromise your self-expression to find gear that performs at the highest level. Taking a curated, boutique approach to running and yoga, we strive to empower our growing community to live a balanced, active life.
We have both retail and studio spaces. Our retail space specializes in yoga and running apparel, footwear and accessories. Our studio offers a variety of yoga and meditation classes throughout the week, in addition to monthly events and workshops.
Driven by our passion for healthy living, we take pride in community engagement, our free running groups and creating a space that makes yoga accessible to everyone.
We are looking for a new team member who has a passion for involvement in the local running and yoga community, helping others, and providing the highest level of customer service. As an assistant manager, you’d need to wear many hats -- acting as a leader, customer service specialist and also taking care of day-to-day tasks. Your most important role is to be a welcoming ambassador to a healthy, active lifestyle.
Must be an avid and passionate runner with a thorough understanding of running and footwear and the footwear fitting process. Must also have a conversational understanding of yoga and the role it plays in a healthy and active lifestyle.
Customer Service Expectations
- Use your expertise to provide a full-fit solution and premium education experience that goes beyond traditional retail.
- Deliver high levels of customer satisfaction by being knowledgeable on all products offered, the competitive landscape, industry trends, and by teaming up with co-workers to provide a comprehensive sales experience.
- Act as a partner between customers, sales associates and store leadership.
- Work with store leadership to understand business objectives and accordingly delegate applicable tasks across Sales Associates.
- Actively participate in and delegate all tasks required for daily operations.
- Review end of day reports and take appropriate actions.
- Coordinate and participate in staff training exercises.
- Acting as a leader within the Culture team, taking pride in Culture’s role in the fitness community, and inspiring associates to do the same.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will consist of a combination of executing tasks on your own and delegating accordingly. This includes…
- Customer Service.
- Preparing the store daily – restocking garments, sizing, folding, style and section organizing, security tagging, cleaning etc.
- Receiving shipments and inventory management.
- Fulfilling online orders.
- Assist in managing online store and studio scheduling portal (EG minor website updates, adding new events/classes online, etc.)
- Maintaining an organized stockroom.
- Managing studio inquiries, comments and complaints from clients via in person, phone and through email.
- Schedule events, enrollments, etc.
- Basic email + social media marketing
- Lead (or at least actively participate in) weekly runs out of the store.
- Must be an avid runner, as well as have a conversational understanding of and appreciation for yoga.
- You have a passion for customer service and delivering an exceptional experience for guests.
- Love interacting with people
- You are bright, fun, athletic and open-minded
- Represent what Culture Athletics stands for. Demonstrate healthy living, an active lifestyle and be a role model for our customers/local community.
- Always strive to grow personally and professionally.
- 3+ years retail management experience
- Performance footwear and/or technical apparel sales is a must
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekends, and select holidays
- Initiates completion of tasks or activities without necessary supervision
The Finer Print
- Hours Expectation 20-30 weekly
- All employees’ availability must reflect the needs of the business, which may change from time to time. This could include aiding with events outside of store hours.
- Meaningful staff discount on product
- Access to limited and special edition product
- Unlimited use of yoga studio + discounted rate for studio events/workshops
- Opportunity to have a meaningful impact on a rapidly expanding business
- Access to an exclusive network of brands and opportunities within the athletic/performance world.
Interested? Email your resume + Cover Letter to [email protected]